Sunday, November 6, 2011

Why I Love Where We Live.....

Does it make me sad that one of my best friends doesn't live next door anymore?  I can't lie...I think about it everytime I pull in or out of the driveway how empty that house is.  I was so blessed to have them living next door to us for three years.  They were there for Abby's 1st birthday, the death of my Dad, Ryan's birth, their daughters 1st birthday and the subsequent birth of their son.  We have been through so many memories in the three years.  Memories that you can't make in that time with most people.  How blessed am I?  Do I wish them all the best - of course.  I just have to thank our lucky stars that they are only an hour away.....and there are these things called phones - it is just different then walking next door for ANYTHING.  Day or night, doesn't matter - they were always there.  That is something I will cherish forever. 

That being said - they aren't the only awesome neighbors though.....I have MANY more.  Who can say THAT?  Me.  Our neighbors two doors down also have an Abbie - who is the exact same age....they are in school together.  Something I never had growing up, and I am so thankful that Abby does.  She will cherish this friendship for a long time.  It doesn't stop there though.  We refer to our street as the 'Lane', so if you see me say that - you will know.  We have driveway pizza, bonfires, cornhole until 2am, card games, and one heck of a lot of laughter.  Last summer it was just us and the next door neighbors (and their amazing family - who I can call some amazing friends too), this summer we expanded by three more houses.  Out of the eight houses four on each side - five hang out now.  Well, four houses now since the M family moved - we hope to convert the new owner too :)  We just have so much fun.

Last night, was a prime example of why I love where we live.  Jeff was off playing poker with some high school friends, the neighbor two doors down was having some of the other neighbor guys over for football, and the girls had nothing to do - why not have an impromptu girls night?  Of course - we live on the Lane, that is what we do best!  So with a litle texting a girls night was planned! We had so much fun, and I am thankful for each one of them. Yes, that means you Jenn, Christie, and Tara!  I am one lucky person..... Here are a few pictures from last night - don't let them fool you, no one was drunk LOL.  Both of the vodka bottles were practically empty upon arrival - just enough for two mixed drinks from each.  I am really trying to take a more postitive look on a lot of things, and thought that this would be a good place to start - at home, where I live :)

As I have said before - we are all excited about Yuengling.....so why not start with one while waiting for the girls?
Here are our fun drinks - they were cocktails by Jenn (hilariously spelled just like Jenn spells her name).  They were GROSS - do not buy them if you see them in a store....
The aftermath :)  We had so much fun, and I can't wait to do it again soon!

I will finish now and go to bed.  Tomorrow is the beginning of some big things here - that will be devulged later.  I always put pressure on things by letting people in, but this time I will let you in a little later ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment