Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Holiday Bucket List??

Yes, please!!!

I can't tell you how many times Superdad and I always say "Oh, we should.....", and never do.  It isn't because we don't want to, or can't.  We just plain and simply forget.  Well, the kids are getting older, and it is much easier for them to tolerate the cold of winter.  Some things I have wanted to do prior to kids, but just never have.  So, it is my mission this year: DO THEM.  While perusing Pinterest yet again, I came across this little gem of brilliance.  A winter bucket list!!  Check it out:
I don't know what genius came up with this, but I love it.  With the exception of shucking oysters (ewwww) all sound like an amazing way to celebrate the holiday season.  My personal favorite is the volunteer together.  It is never too early to teach your children about helping others.  They are too small still to actually go and volunteer, but there is no reason we can't sponser a family or something.  After all, that is the best part of  Christmas - the giving.  I hope that you can find some things to choose to do with your family off this list!  The only thing that I will add is Festival of Lights, and the Duke Energy train display at the Museum Center.

I always like to find creative ways of counting down the days....  Abby is always asking for a visual of days left until something, it makes it easier for her to grasp.  So, I found this on Pinterest also.  It is a great idea!  It is a calendar that you make and when Santa's beard is full of cotton balls, it means it is Christmas. So cute:

Finally, I found this one that I love!  It is so easy to customize and make it your own.  Baiscally it is made with 2x4's, scrapbook paper, and chalboard paint.  I found this amazing tutorial on how to make your own homemade chalkboard paint from Martha Stewart.  The best part of this tutorial is that it is super cheap - supplies can be bought at your local home store for under $5!  You can customize it any way you want by choosing ANY paint color.  There are so many more uses for it, this is just one:

I would love to do one of these for all holidays!  You just write the days left with chalk, and erase the next day writing the new number in.  It would be a great gift idea also. 

So, get to planning friends!  Make this holiday season one to remember and make your own bucket list for your family.  Thanks for reading as always, and check back to see how we are doing on our bucket list!

No comments:

Post a Comment