Monday, July 30, 2012

Valentine's Day Craft

I was browsing Pinterest in search of a cute Valentine's Day idea for Abby to give out at preschool this year.  I found really cute silicon muffin tins in the Dollar Spot at Target, not to mention she loves coloring, so I thought that this craft would be a great idea:


Here are the silicon molds that I got at Target - I believe they were acutally $2.50 for the set, but still very cheap none the less.  They worked great, and cleaned up very well!

First I bought some cheaper crayons, but I will say that they are VERY hard to peel the paper off of, and that I quickly gave up on them.  I had to go to Target anyway, so I bought some boxes of Crayola, and man I love those crayons.  The paper slid off very easily - so Crayola is my recommendation for brand. 

Once I got them all 'naked' as Abby says, I chopped them up into about 1/4" size pieces.  They actually cut up surprisingly well!  Now, this is where it gets sad - somewhere between camera and computer the rest of the pics were lost!  I followed the rest of the directions, and they turned out very well.  I used my Cricut to cut heart shapes and then I wrote the words "Happy Valentine's Day for CRAYON out loud" on them.  Abby signed the back side, and then I just used double sided tape to affix the crayon to the heart.  We were in Disney World for her school party, but I got a ton of compliments on them when we returned - I would highly recommend for an easy do-it-yourself Valentine's project!


No comments:

Post a Comment